(Photo credit: Epicure)
We know how hard it can be to cook fast, healthy and family-friendly foods at home to please both adults and kids. Let's be honest. It's hard enough as a mom to remember to put pants on, so we were beyond delighted to find an innovative company, Epicure, that offers good, clean, allergy-friendly products that help us make this happen! Most of Epicure's products are gluten free, nut free, and only a few products contain dairy.
One of our fave products is Epicure's Thai Green Curry spice. The seasoning pack makes an amazing Thai Green Curry that will rival the best takeout joints in town. As for allergies? it's gluten free, nut free and dairy free.
Got picky kids?
If you're cooking for uber-picky kids, you can modify the recipe steps and make the sauce in a separate pan. This way, adults can get the delicious dish they're after and the kids can be their regular picky poo-pants selves.
- 1 pkg Thai Green Curry Seasoning
- 1 can (14 oz/398 ml) coconut milk
- 1 lb (450 g) bite sized pieces of chicken
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 C (250 ml) carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 C (250 ml) celery, thinly sliced
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 tsp (5 ml) soy sauce, optional
- Combine seasoning with coconut milk in a wok over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 2 minutes.
- PICKY KIDS POINT: If you have picky kids, prep the next step in a separate pan
- Add chicken and cook for 5 - 7 minutes. Stir in vegetables and simmer for more 2 minutes.
- PICKY KIDS POINT: Plate the kids' meals with no sauce, separating the protein and the veg. Heaven forbid they touch.
- Stir in lime juice and soy sauce, if desired, into the pan and combine.
- Gloriously serve.
Get creative! Serve over steamed rice or rice noodles. Feel free to add veggies or swap them out to cater to your family's tastes.
Shrimp Green Curry: Swap chicken for 1.15 lb (520 g) peeled, deveined shrimp, swap celery for frozen green peas.
Beef Green Curry: Swap chicken for 1 lb beef and celery for zucchini.
Vegetarian Green Curry: Swap chicken for 1.5 lb (680 g) firm tofu, cubed, and swap celery for broccoli.
Finally. Convenience food that is fast, healthy, delicious and family friendly. Epicure is only available in Canada at this time. If you're blessed enough to live in the Great White North, visit Epicure's website here to purchase your Thai Green Curry spice. Don't be afraid to poke around, either. Before you know it, your pantry may be wall-to-wall Epicure products like ours is.
(Recipe adapted from Epicure)